Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Steve Montenegro (R)
Running for: U.S. House of Representatives
Political Affiliation: Republican
Occupation:Minister - Also recently resigned from the State Senate
Family:Married to an amazing wife Melissa, blessed with one daughter Adelynn
Why are you running?
For nine years I voted to protect the families/taxpayers of Arizona. When Trent resigned he called and told me the battles in DC needed a fighter with backbone, and he asked me to run for his seat. I view this work as a calling and I'm humbled by everyone who asked me to step forward as a champion of the unborn, our religious liberties, marriage, school choice, veterans, secure borders and more. I wrote the nation's first ban on abortions for the purpose of race/sex selection and I am the ONLY candidate running with as long a 100% pro-CAP voting record. I've been endorsed by Senators Ted Cruz & Rick Santorum, Congressmen Trent Franks, Steve King, JD Hayworth, and others. I ask for your vote!
All candidate answers are displayed exactly as submitted.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Moving Arizona out of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals into a newly established 12th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother
- 3.Raising the federal minimum wage
- 4.Protecting individuals and businesses from being required to use their artistic expression in a manner that violates their conscience
- 5.Interpreting the U.S. Constitution in light of the present cultural context, rather than the original meaning of the text and intent of the framers
- 6.Expanding background checks to include guns bought from private individuals
- 7.Providing federal funding to Planned Parenthood and other entities that perform or refer for abortions
- 8.Prohibiting internet service providers from offering different services based on content, platforms, and websites (net neutrality)
- 9.Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination law
- 10.Amending the U.S. Constitution to require Congress to balance the federal budget every year
- Question 1: I've spoken publicly on this topic. The liberal 9th Circuit is the 2nd most overturned Circuit Court in the country and Arizona deserves much better.
- Question 2: I've been endorsed over and over again by groups like Arizona Right to Life because of my leadership and 100% voting record on this issue.
- Question 3: This social engineering masquerading as pro-worker fiscal policy has already cost hundreds of thousands of jobs around the country. Trust the free market to work!
- Question 4: I voted for Arizona's Religious Liberties bill and will always champion the cause. This was a major issue Trent mentioned when asking me to run.
- Question 5: Our Constitution is under constant attack and our nation suffers when we drift from original intent. I will continue to defend our Constitution's original intent!
- Question 6: I have a 100% 2nd Amendment voting record and earned an A+ from the NRA because I stick to the Constitution. "Shall Not Be Infringed"
- Question 7: I opposed it here in Arizona and will do so in Congress. America will never fully receive God's grace while allowing the murder of innocents.
- Question 8: The lack of Internet regulation is what allowed it to thrive. Liberals want control so they can control what we see/read. Not on my watch!
- Question 9: I have voted consistently with my beliefs and will always vote to strengthen, celebrate and glorify the family and America's traditional Christian values.
- Question 10: I voted for a Balanced Budget Amendment, was on the Planning Committee for the historic 2017 BBA Planning Convention, and supported the Convention of States.