Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Richard Mack (R)
Running for: U.S. House of Representatives
Political Affiliation: Republican
Occupation:High School Teacher
Family:Married 43 years, 5 children, 14 grandchildren
Why are you running?
I am a former Arizona Sheriff and the first Sheriff in American history to sue the federal government and win a landmark case at the US Supreme Court. I am all about law and order, the rule of law, and the liberty guaranteed in our sacred Constitution. I have stood and fought for the Second Amendment, State Sovereignty, and the principles of Liberty upon which America was founded. As a Sheriff I beat the Clinton administration in court. As a Congressman I will definitely help the President drain the DC Swamp!
All candidate answers are displayed exactly as submitted.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Moving Arizona out of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals into a newly established 12th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother
- 3.Raising the federal minimum wage
- 4.Protecting individuals and businesses from being required to use their artistic expression in a manner that violates their conscience
- 5.Interpreting the U.S. Constitution in light of the present cultural context, rather than the original meaning of the text and intent of the framers
- 6.Expanding background checks to include guns bought from private individuals
- 7.Providing federal funding to Planned Parenthood and other entities that perform or refer for abortions
- 8.Prohibiting internet service providers from offering different services based on content, platforms, and websites (net neutrality)
- 9.Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination law
- 10.Amending the U.S. Constitution to require Congress to balance the federal budget every year
- Question 1: The 9th Circuit is the most liberal and overturned court in America. It simply does not coincide with Arizona values.
- Question 2: I have always, and always will, cherish the sanctity of life. Calling abortion a "constitutional right" is an absolute abomination.
- Question 3: What a worker makes at stores and restaurants in Arizona is none of the federal government's business. Free Markets can handle wages on its own.
- Question 4: The Constitution doesn't protect us from being offended. If one business refuses to bake a cake the way you want, then go to one that will. Case solved.
- Question 5: Political correctness has replaced our Constitution. If we are to "make America great again," we must put our Constitution first as intended by our Founders.
- Question 6: Gun Control in the USA is against the law. Unless I hurt someone else the government must stay out of it.
- Question 7: There is no way this should have ever happened in America! Forcing taxpayers to pay for any abortion is the epitome of despotism!
- Question 8: Again, Free Markets means the government stays out of it. Government did not create the internet and they have no authority to interfere with it.
- Question 9: Constitutional rights for one and all, special rights for no one. Under current law, all of us are already covered.
- Question 10: Absolutely! All members of Congress should receive no pay until the budget is balanced. We must put leaders in Congress who will stop spending!