Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
David Lien (R)
Running for: U.S. House of Representatives
Political Affiliation: Republican
Occupation:entreprenuer, educator, former city councilman
Family:Wife Gloria and three grown children and 3 grandchildren
Why are you running?
I believe my life should count for the highest good in service to all people, a belief that has motivated me every step of my life. It is the core reason I am running today! In the past month, I and my family walked over 400 miles door to door across the district listening to voters. My 14 years of service on a city council, together with creating and leading a 501c.3 non-profit corporation serving over 50 countries, has given me unique and valuable skills I will bring to Congress.
All candidate answers are displayed exactly as submitted.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Moving Arizona out of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals into a newly established 12th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother
- 3.Raising the federal minimum wage
- 4.Protecting individuals and businesses from being required to use their artistic expression in a manner that violates their conscience
- 5.Interpreting the U.S. Constitution in light of the present cultural context, rather than the original meaning of the text and intent of the framers
- 6.Expanding background checks to include guns bought from private individuals
- 7.Providing federal funding to Planned Parenthood and other entities that perform or refer for abortions
- 8.Prohibiting internet service providers from offering different services based on content, platforms, and websites (net neutrality)
- 9.Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination law
- 10.Amending the U.S. Constitution to require Congress to balance the federal budget every year
- Question 1: I will support this if the case load warrants the creation.
- Question 3: This is best left to the state and local governments.
- Question 7: I support the idea, but it depends on the specific bill.
- Question 10: I support this, with the exception of a declared national emergency or act of war declared by congress.