Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Bob Stump (R)
Running for: U.S. House of Representatives
Political Affiliation: Republican
Occupation:Senior Policy Advisor
Family:Bob Stump, father; Jane Stump, mother
Why are you running?
I wish to continue Congressman Franks' extraordinary work in promoting a culture of life. Eight of my 15 years of public service focused on securing our nation's energy infrastructure against cyberattacks and other acts of terror, and I intend to bring my expertise on national security issues to Congress. I will work unceasingly to remind Congress that the first principles enshrined in our Constitution must be inviolate.
All candidate answers are displayed exactly as submitted.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Moving Arizona out of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals into a newly established 12th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother
- 3.Raising the federal minimum wage
- 4.Protecting individuals and businesses from being required to use their artistic expression in a manner that violates their conscience
- 5.Interpreting the U.S. Constitution in light of the present cultural context, rather than the original meaning of the text and intent of the framers
- 6.Expanding background checks to include guns bought from private individuals
- 7.Providing federal funding to Planned Parenthood and other entities that perform or refer for abortions
- 8.Prohibiting internet service providers from offering different services based on content, platforms, and websites (net neutrality)
- 9.Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination law
- 10.Amending the U.S. Constitution to require Congress to balance the federal budget every year