Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Mike Cease (G)
Running for: City Council
Political Affiliation: Green
Why are you running?
I am running for this office because I believe in a sustainable energy future for our community and for the next generations. A Green "New Deal" is coming to Tucson! I believe that we can grow a local green economy that works for everyone and not just for the top 1%.
Thousands of homes and businesses are in need of energy and conservation retrofits. We will grow thousands of local, fair-wage jobs in the new Green economy with energy conservation projects, renewable energy projects such as solar as well as water conservation and water harvesting. Finally, I believe that if we commit to working together on these goals, that we can accomplish a sustainable energy future for the City of Tucson community.
All comments have been reproduced exactly as submitted.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination ordinances.
- 2.Allowing slot machines and table games off Indian reservations.
- 3.Cities should cooperate with the federal government's requests to enforce federal immigration law.
- 4.Using taxpayer funds to support any organization that provides, promotes, or provides referrals for abortion.
- 5.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother.
- 6.The government providing tax breaks to certain industries over others.
- 7.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 8.Allowing all parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or education savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy.
- 9.Cities and towns should have the authority to set their own minimum wages above the state minimum wage.
- 10.Prohibiting government from discriminating against an individual, organization, or small business based on their beliefs about marriage.
- Question 4: I strongly support a woman's right to choose. Accordingly, I also strongly support Planned Parenthood.
- Question 6: Currently the fossil fuel energy industry receives a myriad of subsidies. Instead, we should support the new clean energy green economy.
- Question 8: I do NOT believe in robbing from limited taxpayer resources needed to fund public education for our children to fund private, for-profit enterprises.
- Question 9: I will enact a $15/hour minimum wage ordinance now. We will have an economy that works for everyone and not just the 1%.
- Question 10: I support same-sex marriage and, therefore, I disagree with the false premise of this question.