Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Mariano Rodriguez (R)
Running for: City Council
Political Affiliation: Republican
Why are you running?
I have experienced the challenges as well as the rewards faced by many who have immigrated to the United States and am able to relate to the unique and diverse needs of our community. Bringing a much needed perspective to our City Council; one that represents the traditional values that are so dear to many of us regardless of our backgrounds; Family, hard work, pride, compassion and accountability. As a small business owner who took on a second job to make ends meet and provide for my family, I am no longer willing to remain on the sidelines while our elected city officials continue to use our tax dollars for non-essential services. Increasing our taxes is not a way to solve poor fiscal choices.
All comments have been reproduced exactly as submitted.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination ordinances.
- 2.Allowing slot machines and table games off Indian reservations.
- 3.Cities should cooperate with the federal government's requests to enforce federal immigration law.
- 4.Using taxpayer funds to support any organization that provides, promotes, or provides referrals for abortion.
- 5.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother.
- 6.The government providing tax breaks to certain industries over others.
- 7.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 8.Allowing all parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or education savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy.
- 9.Cities and towns should have the authority to set their own minimum wages above the state minimum wage.
- 10.Prohibiting government from discriminating against an individual, organization, or small business based on their beliefs about marriage.
- Question 1: I do not believe we should have discrimination of any type.
- Question 2: STATE ISSUE
- Question 3: Yes, in addition the Federal Government has a financial responsibility to local municipalities when additional costs are incurred.
- Question 4: Taxpayer money should be used to support our governmental affairs and not private sector agencies.
- Question 5: This is a federal / state issue.
- Question 6: With full disclosure and valid projections of sustainable economic growth of the product or service and a long term high ROI to the taxpayer.
- Question 7: STATE ISSUE
- Question 8: STATE ISSUE
- Question 10: I do not believe we should have discrimination of any type.