Meet the Candidate
Survey Response Legend
- −Declined to respond
- Declined to respond, Position based on citation
Political Party Legend
Gary Watson (I)
Running for: City Council
Political Affiliation: Independent
Why are you running?
Tucson has allowed our Public Safety to reach critical failure levels. We have not provided for the capital improvements to keep ambulances, fire engines, police cars and equipment functional and up to current industry standards. A safe city is vital to the economic growth of the city. I want to prioritize spending in Tucson to provide for the safety of our citizens, maintain and improve our infrastructure, and provide education and job training opportunities to our youth so they can strengthen our work force and have the opportunity to raise a family in the same neighborhoods they grew up in.
All comments have been reproduced exactly as submitted.
Survey Questions (Click to Expand)
- 1.Adding "sexual orientation," "gender identity," or "gender expression" to the protected classes of race, religion, age, sex, and ancestry in nondiscrimination ordinances.
- 2.Allowing slot machines and table games off Indian reservations.
- 3.Cities should cooperate with the federal government's requests to enforce federal immigration law.
- 4.Using taxpayer funds to support any organization that provides, promotes, or provides referrals for abortion.
- 5.Prohibiting abortion except when it is necessary to prevent the death of the mother.
- 6.The government providing tax breaks to certain industries over others.
- 7.Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- 8.Allowing all parents to use tax credits, vouchers, or education savings accounts to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy.
- 9.Cities and towns should have the authority to set their own minimum wages above the state minimum wage.
- 10.Prohibiting government from discriminating against an individual, organization, or small business based on their beliefs about marriage.